Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dumb Private

You ever have one of those days when no matter what went on Good or Bad you always will remember the stupid thing you did. Well this was one of those days.

While stationed at Ft. Carson CO in the 1/29th FA we were preparing for a TA-50 (Personnel Equipment) Inspection by the SGT. Major. Since I was married and didn't' have a room to get ready I had to lay all my equipment in the break room.

All your TA-50 had to be rolled 8 inches all buttons fastened and everyones equipment had to be the same. My Chief (as in the other storey's) came over to check mine before the SGT. Major did he noticed that my Entrenching Tool (Shovel) was not as clean as it should be so he told me to go get his and use it (SGT's and above didn't have to have this Inspection) so I ran out to the car to get his and laid it out and took my dirty one and put it up. After a while the Sgt. Major came through and checked our equipment (and I'll never forget those words) Sgt. Major how are you doing today Pvt. Noble? Pvt. Noble fine Sgt. Major how are you? Sgt. Major fine, fine any problems today Pvt. Noble? Pvt. Noble Well Sgt. Major my Entrenching Tool was a little dirty but my Chief let me borrow his for this inspection. Behind the Sgt. Major I could see my chief, he looked as if he was going to pass out. the Sgt. Major smiling (he looked as if he was about to burst out laughing) turned to look at my chief and said Oh OK carry on.. and turned and walked off.

No comments: